Authentic Butter Chicken
- 2 lbs. chicken breast cut into 1-inch cubes
- Butter Chicken Seasoning
- 6 Tbsp butter, divided
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, chopped (optional)
- 14 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup 10% cream
- ½ cup dated, pitted, chopped (optional)
- ½ cup pistachio nuts, chopped (optional)
- Fresh chopped cilantro or parsley
You can source all your ingredients from your local Save On Foods
Butter Chicken Seasoning. If you don't see the Butter Chicken Seasoning
at your local Save On Foods
then you can buy it online
- Marinate chicken breast in a small bowl with Butter Chicken Seasoning. Let sit for 10 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
- In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, brown chicken in 2 Tbsp butter, remove and set aside.
- Melt another 2 Tbsp butter, add onion and bell pepper and cook until softened, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and bring to a simmer. Add water, cream and dates, bringing back to a simmer. Return the chicken and continue to simmer, covered, for another 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the last 2 tbsp of butter and additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve garnished with pistachio nuts and cilantro on top of basmati rice.
Prep Time: 6:25
Cook Time: 0:15